Danone knows that you care about how your personal data is used and we recognize the importance of protecting your privacy.
This Privacy Statement explains how PT Tirta Investama, PT AQUA Golden Mississippi, PT Tirta Sibayakindo, PT Nutricia Indonesia Sejahtera, PT Sarihusada Generasi Mahardhika, and PT Nutricia Medical Nutrition, (“Danone”) collect and manage your personal data. This statement contains information about what data we collect, how we use it, why we need it and how it can benefit you.
This privacy statement was last updated on December 22, 2021.
Our basic principles and privacy commitment
At Danone we are committed to protecting your right to privacy. We aim to protect any personal data in our possession, to manage your personal data responsibly and transparently in our practices. Your trust is important to us. We are therefore committed to the following basic principles:
- You have no obligation to provide the personal data requested by us. However, if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with some services or products;
- We only collect and process your data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement or for certain purposes that we share with you and/or for which you have consented;
- We aim to collect, process and use as little personal data as possible;
- When we collect your personal data, we aim to keep that data as accurate and accurate as possible.
- If the personal data we collect is no longer necessary for any purpose and we are not required by law to retain it, we will do what we can to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify it.
- Your personal data will not be shared, sold, rented, or disclosed other than as described in this Privacy Statement.
Who collects the Data?
Any personal data provided to or collected by Danone is controlled by PT Tirta Investama, PT AQUA Golden Mississippi, PT Tirta Sibayakindo, PT Nutricia Indonesia Sejahtera, PT Sarihusada Generasi Mahardhika, and PT Nutricia Medical Nutrition, as data controllers (“Danone”).
This Privacy Statement applies to personal data collected by Danone in connection with the services and products we offer. This statement also applies to Danone marketing content, including offers and advertisements for Danone products and services, Danone promotional activities, which we (or service providers acting on our behalf) send to you on third party websites, platforms and applications based on usage information. These third party websites generally have their own Privacy Statements and Terms and Conditions. We encourage you to read them before using the website.
What personal data do we collect?
The personal data we collect varies depending on the purpose for which it was collected and the products or services we provide to you.
In general, we may collect the following types of personal data from you directly:
- Personal contact data, such as your name, email address, physical address, date of birth, child’s name and telephone number;
- Account login details, such as your user ID, email username and password. This is required to create a personal user account in one of our online communities;
- Communications with us, which may include details of our conversations via chat and/or customer service channels;
- Demographic information, such as your age and gender and lifestyle preferences. Lifestyle preferences may include your preferences for some of the products we offer, and your interests in relation to those products;
- Browser history, such as pages accessed, date accessed, location when accessed, and IP address;
- Payment information for purchases made in one of our online stores. Payment information is generally associated with your billing name, billing address, and payment data, such as your credit card details or bank account number.
- Information relating to your health;
- Information about people other than you, such as personal data about your family members, when you provide that information directly to us;
- Social media profiles;
- If you ever apply for a job with us, we will collect additional personal data, such as your employment history, educational history and employment references.
We may also collect personal data about you indirectly when:
- You share content on social media pages, websites or applications related to our products or in response to our promotional materials on social media; or
- We read or collect personal data about you by reading information collected by other websites (for example, we may place advertisements on third party websites, and when you click on those advertisements, we may receive information about you and other website visitors to measure reach and success of the ad).
Why do we collect and use your personal data?
We collect your personal data so that we can provide you with the best online experience and provide you with high quality customer service. In particular we may collect, store, use and disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process your payment, if you purchase our products, to provide you with the status of your order, to deal with your questions and requests, and to assess and handle complaints;
- To process and answer your questions or to contact you to answer your questions and/or requests;
- To develop and improve our products, services, communication methods and website functionality;
- To communicate information to you and to manage your registration and/or subscription to our newsletter or other communications;
- To manage our day-to-day business needs in connection with your participation in contests, sweepstakes or promotional activities or requests that we organize;
- To authenticate/verify the identity of people who contact us by telephone, electronic means or otherwise;
- For internal training and quality assurance purposes;
- To understand and assess customer interests, wants and changing needs, to improve our website, our current products and services, and/or develop new products and services;
- To provide products and personalized communications and product recommendations to you as customers.
The products and services referred to here are all Danone products, with the exception of dairy products for children under 12 (twelve) months.
We may also need your personal data to comply with legal obligations or in the context of the contractual relationship we have with you.
When we collect and use your personal data for the purposes stated above or for other purposes, we will notify you before or at the time of collection.
Where necessary, we will seek your approval to process personal data. Where you have given your consent to processing activities, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
When we process your personal data, you are entitled to a number of rights and can exercise these rights at any time. We have provided an overview of these rights below along with what they mean for you.
The right to access your personal data and correction
You have the right to access, correct or update your personal data at any time.
Data portability rights
Your personal data is portable. This means it can be moved, copied, or transmitted electronically. However, this right only applies if:
- Processing is based on your approval;
- The ongoing process for the execution of the contract;
- The process takes place in an automated way;
The right to delete your personal data
You have the right to ask us to delete your data if:
- your personal data is no longer required in connection with the purposes for which we collected it; or
- You withdraw the approval you previously gave us to process your personal data, and there is no other legal basis for processing that personal data; or
- You object to us processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes; or
- You object to us processing your personal data for Danone’s legitimate interests (such as improving the overall user experience on the website);
- personal data is not processed legally; or
- your personal data needs to be deleted to comply with the law.
If you wish to delete the personal data we hold about you, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements.
If the personal data we collect is no longer necessary for any purpose and we are not required by law to retain it, we will do what we can to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify it.
Right to processing restrictions
You have the right to limit the processing of your personal data if:
- You do not believe that the personal data we hold about you is accurate; or
- personal data is not lawfully processed, but instead of deleting personal data, you would prefer us to limit processing instead; or
- we no longer need your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, but you need the data to make, enforce or defend legal claims; or
- You object to the processing of your personal data and are awaiting verification as to whether your interest in connection with the objection outweighs any valid reason for processing your data.
Right to refuse
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time.
The right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority
You have the right to file a complaint directly with a supervisory authority about how we process personal data.
How we protect your personal data
We understand that the security of your personal data is important. We make our best efforts to protect your personal data from misuse, tampering, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We have implemented a number of security measures to help protect your personal data. For example, we implement access controls, use firewalls and secure servers, and we encrypt personal data.
Share your personal data
When we share your personal data with affiliates and other organizations, we ensure we only do so with organizations that protect and protect your personal data and comply with applicable privacy laws in the same or similar way that we do.
Your personal data will not be shared, sold, rented, or disclosed other than as described in this Privacy Statement. However, we may share your data for legal purposes and/or when requested by government authorities.
Sharing data internationally
Personal data can be processed outside the territory of the Republic of Indonesia. When processed outside the territory of the Republic of Indonesia, Danone will ensure that this cross-border data processing is protected by adequate security.
The safeguards we use to protect cross-border data processing include:
- certification indicating that a third party outside the territory of the Republic of Indonesia processes personal data in such a way that it is consistent with the Data Protection Regulation in the Republic of Indonesia. This certification is approved by either the competent supervisory authority or the competent national accrediting body in terms of the Data Protection Regulation.
Automated decision making and profiling
For some services and products, we may process your personal data using automated means. Basically this means that decisions are taken automatically without human intervention.
We may also process your personal data for profiling purposes to predict your behavior on our websites or products that may be of interest to you.
If we intend to use that method, we will of course notify you and we will give you the opportunity to object to this process in advance.
Cookies and other technologies
- Information about your device browser and operating system;
- IP address of the device you are using;
- Our web pages that you view;
- Links you click when interactive with our services.
Please see our Cookie Statement for more information on this.
How do we update this Statement?
We will update this Privacy Statement as necessary to meet customer requests and adapt to changes in our products and services. When we post changes to this statement, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of this Notice. If the changes are significant, we will provide more prominent notices (including, for certain services, email notifications of changes to the Privacy Notice).
Additional Terms or Privacy Statement
In addition to this Privacy Statement, there may be special campaigns or promotions that will be governed by additional terms or privacy statements. We advise you to read these additional terms or notices before participating in any campaign or promotion as you must comply with them if you wish to participate. Any additional terms or privacy statements will be prominently made available to you during the campaign or promotion period.